The Missing Piece to Effective Weight Loss
Do you feel like you’ve tried everything, but still can’t seem to lose weight?
Don’t be disheartened! We see this frequently in our practice and oftentimes the sneaky culprit to blame is toxin exposure.
Toxins make it hard for us to lose weight because they disrupt hormones such as thyroid hormone and estrogen which help us regulate our metabolism and weight.
Let’s take a moment to thank our loyal livers for all the hard work they do to help our bodies eliminate harmful toxins. After you have expressed gratitude for your liver, stop and consider if you frequently engage in any of these lifestyle choices that cause harm to this vital organ.
5 Ways You Might Be Damaging Your Liver:
- Drinking excessive amounts of alcohol
- Using tobacco
- Eating fried foods
- Using toxic beauty and cleaning products
- Being on a multitude of prescription medications
Don’t beat yourself up if you nodded your head “yes” to these. Once you know better, you can do better. We need to start taking good care of our livers to start effectively losing weight and efficiently regulate our metabolic processes. Here are some of the liver’s main functions:
- Detoxifies chemicals
- Aids in digestion by producing bile to help break down fat, absorb fat and water-soluble vitamins and minerals
- Assists in regulating glucose, blood pressure, blood sugar, insulin, estrogen, and testosterone
- Plays an important role in immunity and blood cholesterol production and removal
When your liver gets over burdened it causes a lot of inflammation in the body that is associated with weight gain. Decreasing toxins also decreases the burden on the liver.
9 Tips to Start Avoiding and Minimizing Toxin Exposure:
- Consume organic produce: Try to buy locally to support your community, reduce your carbon footprint, and decrease your toxin exposure! If you consume animal protein make sure that you buy organic, grass-fed and free-range.
- Eliminate/Reduce the use of plastics: Make a conscious effort to get rid of plastic tupperware and dishes and swap them out with glass. Avoid drinking out of plastic water bottles and take the extra minute to fill your own glass water bottle when you go places.
- Drink filtered water: We use and love the Berkey water filter as this filtration system removes harmful bacteria and viruses that conventional filters don’t.
- Breathe in clean air: Open the windows in your home and office so that you are breathing in fresh, clean air. Adorn your space with plants that help to purify the air. Here’s a list of plants that have air purifying properties. If it’s not possible for you to open your windows, make sure you are using an air filter.
- Use natural cleaning products: Ditch the toxic chemicals and use cleaners like tea tree oil, vinegar, and hydrogen peroxide! These are cost effective, work just as well as their conventional counterparts, and won’t burn your nose hairs off and cause distress to your liver.
- Use natural personal care products: Thankfully there’s plenty to choose from nowadays! Check out the Think Dirty app to find clean products that work well for you.
- Say goodbye to Teflon coated non-stick pans: Instead, use ceramic, stainless steel, and/or cast iron!
- Use a sauna to help eliminate toxins: Whether you live in a warm or cold climate, saunas are a wonderful way to relax and detoxify at the same time! Do a quick google search to find one in your area and make it a priority to enjoy this time 2- 3 times per week.
- Support liver and gut liver health: You can find out how to do this in our Metabolic and Lifestyle Reset Program. Remember: weight loss is not all about diet and food!
Once you start addressing these factors, it will become much easier for you to lose weight. Book a Discovery Call with me Today to find out more about your Metabolic and Lifestyle Reset Program to help you solve unresolved weight and inflammatory issues once and for all!
Author: Dipa Chauhan
Dipa Chauhan is a certified R Ph, CFMP, FLT Therapist, Functional and Lifestyle Medicine Provider.
Dipa’s love for cooking and helping people led to the creation of the "Doctor's Orders: Your Essential Cookbook To A Plant Strong Anti-Inflammatory Diet". Here you can find over 250 healthy and easy recipes, weekly shopping lists and menus. Through this website Dipa has benefited thousands of people all around the world.
Dipa enjoys spending time with her family, especially her son Devin. Dipa also enjoys exercising, walking and other outdoor activities.
Meet Patricia, a woman in her sixties who has tried different weight loss programs and diets multiple different times in her life, but none of them gave her permanent results! Recently, Patricia was struggling with severe back pain. She also gained excess weight and...read more
Meet Sukh, a man in his forties who has been struggling with low energy, weight fluctuations, and various medical issues for 8 years. In the past, Sukh has tried a variety of fad diets and gone through multiple workout routines, but none of the fads or routines have...read more
Have you recently been “diagnosed” with Normal Syndrome? You know the one where you finally clear time in your busy schedule to make an appointment with your doctor to see why you’ve been having: Chronic low energy Unexplained sleep issues Weight gain Anxiety Brain...read more
Not All Calories are Created Equally: How Choosing the Right Food Helped One Woman Lose 16lbs in 4 Weeks
You open up your food log to track your final meal of the day while trying to suppress your desire for another snack… You’ve eaten every single one of the 1500 calories your app has recommended you eat each day, and you’re STILL HUNGRY! What’s more? You’ve been...read more
Dipa Chauhan is a board certified registered pharmacist and a certified functional medicine provider.
She has over 6 years of pharmacy experience ranging from retail pharmacy, mail order pharmacy and clinical hospital pharmacy.
She completed a hospital pharmacy residency with rotations in ICU, nephrology, general medicine, pediatrics, drug distribution, cardiology and drug information.
Our Mission at The Living Proof Institute is to address the root cause of your health issues and restore your health and vitality. Through partnering and education, you will receive the tools and direction to live an extraordinary life.
Spoke to a client yesterday. Here are some of his amazing results after working with him for the past 8 weeks in our Metabolic and Lifestyle Reset program:
– He has lost over 48 lbs
– He is no longer taking Advil three times a day
– He no longer has any aches and pains
– He no longer has any inflammation in his body
– His energy has increased and is constant throughout the day (no more afternoon dips)
– He is sleeping better than he ever has
What were some of the main things he did?
– Enrolled in our Metabolic and Lifestyle Reset Program
– Went on an organic plant-strong, anti-inflammatory diet
– Incorporated intermittent fasting
– Prioritized sleep healthy sleep habits
– Used his heartmath monitor daily (heartmath helps increase heart rate variability and increase stress resilience)
Let’s discuss your health goals at www.resetdiscoverycall.com