The Best Way to Safely Detox Your Whole Body
It’s almost springtime and with that comes a new desire to freshen up everything…especially your body! We all want to go into spring and summertime feeling light and fresh and one of the best ways to do that is to detoxify your body.
The amount of chemicals we are exposed to is unprecedented in history.
The average American consumes about 10 pounds of chemical food additives each year. In addition to this, we are burdened by pesticides that are sprayed on our food, air and water pollution, and chemicals in our skincare.
The best, most simple, and effective way to detoxify is to enhance your body’s natural detoxification by taking care of your liver. No need to take laxatives, diuretics, or that suspicious pill you saw at the supermarket check out line.
Our livers are responsible for converting toxins into compounds that can be easily eliminated by the kidneys (i.e. DETOXIFICATION).
The liver also performs over 500 known functions. It’s involved with digestion, regulating our hormones, controlling our blood sugar, and metabolizing protein and fat.
Symptoms of an Overburdened Liver
- Skin issues
- Digestive issues
- Chronic fatigue
- Joint pain
- Sensitivity to chemicals
- Hemorrhoids or varicose veins
- Pain under the right side of the rib cage
If you identify with many of these symptoms, there are things you can start doing at home today to safely and effectively detoxify your liver!
8 Ways to Detoxify Your Liver
1. Switch to organic produce as much as you can: Start with the dirty dozen which are foods that are most sprayed with pesticides.
2. Switch to using natural personal care products and makeup: Many personal care products are full of toxic chemicals that overburden the liver, making it much more difficult for our bodies to detoxify.
3. Limit alcohol consumption: When you’re at a party, choose a flavored seltzer water with fresh lemon or lime so that you can still feel like you’re joining in on the fun without harming your liver.
4. Eliminate processed foods: Processed foods are high in refined sugar, artificial ingredients, and trans fats; all of which are toxic to our bodies. Choose whole foods instead such as lots of fruits and vegetables.
5. Drink lots of filtered water: We use and love the Berkey water filter as this filtration system removes harmful bacteria and viruses that conventional filters don’t.
6. Incorporate more cruciferous vegetables into your diet: Examples of cruciferous vegetables are broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, arugula, etc. These can really help in the detoxification process.
7. Eliminate plastics from your environment: It’s impossible to eliminate all plastic these days, but there are definitely ways to reduce plastic exposure. One tip is to switch to glass or stainless steel water bottles and food storage containers.
8. Get a good sweat: Sweating is such an excellent way to eliminate toxins so that your liver doesn’t have to work on overdrive. You can do this through exercise or through getting into a sauna. The sauna that I personally use is a portable and very affordable sauna. If you are interested, you can email me directly at email@example.com for more information on how you and your family can have one of these excellent healing tools in your own home!
If you want to learn more tips on how to detoxify your body, then download my FREE book today, Living Light: A Mind, Body, & Spirit Approach to Lasting Weight Loss, Balanced Hormones, and Vibrant Energy!
Author: Dipa Chauhan
Dipa Chauhan is a certified R Ph, CFMP, FLT Therapist, Functional and Lifestyle Medicine Provider.
Dipa’s love for cooking and helping people led to the creation of the "Doctor's Orders: Your Essential Cookbook To A Plant Strong Anti-Inflammatory Diet". Here you can find over 250 healthy and easy recipes, weekly shopping lists and menus. Through this website Dipa has benefited thousands of people all around the world.
Dipa enjoys spending time with her family, especially her son Devin. Dipa also enjoys exercising, walking and other outdoor activities.
One of the most common hormonal imbalances that I encounter in my practice is a low-functioning thyroid (hypothyroidism). The thyroid is part of the endocrine system (hormonal system of our body) and is a small butterfly-shaped gland that is located in the front of...read more
Every morning I make my wife and myself a very special elixir. It’s an act of self-love and it brings me into the present moment because I infuse it with deep intention. What I love about this drink is that it literally takes less than 60 seconds to make...read more
In Part 1 of this blog, we explored the many negative ramifications that poor sleep can have on our bodies: weight gain, mood disorders, low immunity, memory loss, lethargy, and brain fog to name a few. Despite popular opinion, it’s not “normal” to experience these...read more
“Even a soul submerged in sleep is hard at work and helps make something of the world.” — Heraclitus With bloodshot eyes and the lethargy of an aging sloth she impatiently waits in line at the drive-through, already feeling anxious over the sugary caffeinated beverage...read more
Dipa Chauhan is a board certified registered pharmacist and a certified functional medicine provider.
She has over 6 years of pharmacy experience ranging from retail pharmacy, mail order pharmacy and clinical hospital pharmacy.
She completed a hospital pharmacy residency with rotations in ICU, nephrology, general medicine, pediatrics, drug distribution, cardiology and drug information.
Our Mission at The Living Proof Institute is to address the root cause of your health issues and restore your health and vitality. Through partnering and education, you will receive the tools and direction to live an extraordinary life.