Alignment is the key to health. One aspect of many people's lives that is out of alignment is their sleep and wake patterns. One of the greatest detriments to a person's health is a poor rest and recovery routine. This short video will go over some the of the things that you can do to optimize your natural clock. By doing so, you will have deeper sleep, wake up more refreshed, have better mid-day energy, better mental clarity, and natural weight loss.
Here are 12 things that you can do immediately to improve your body's circadian clock.
- Wake up and go to sleep at the same time every day. Ideally, asleep by 10 pm and up around 6 am.
- Use a salt lamp in your bedroom as a way to reset your circadian clock. Turn it on in the morning and after the sun sets at night, candles are also an option. Avoid full spectrum light after sunset.
- Be sure to get mid-day sunlight, this will help increase serotonin (happy) and melatonin (sleep).
- Eliminate exposure to phones, tablets, computers, and television 2 hours before designated bedtime
- Sleep in completely dark room, you should not be able to see your hand in front of your face
- Avoid excessive fluid intake after 8 pm
- Avoid opening the mail or watching the news in the evening
- Avoid checking and responding to email in the evening
- Settle any conflicts before going to bed
- Use lavender essential oils to help promote a calm environment
- Practice deep breathing exercises before bed to help you relax, see video below for more info
- If you use a computer, download f.lux at https://justgetflux.com/ as a digital filter for your screen