Do you feel like you’ve tried everything, but still can’t seem to lose weight?
Don’t be disheartened! We see this frequently in our practice and oftentimes the sneaky culprit to blame is toxin exposure.
Toxins make it hard for us to lose weight because they disrupt hormones such as thyroid hormone and estrogen which help us regulate our metabolism and weight.
Let’s take a moment to thank our loyal livers for all the hard work they do to help our bodies eliminate harmful toxins. After you have expressed gratitude for your liver, stop and consider if you frequently engage in any of these lifestyle choices that cause harm to this vital organ.
5 Ways You Might Be Damaging Your Liver:
- Drinking excessive amounts of alcohol
- Using tobacco
- Eating fried foods
- Using toxic beauty and cleaning products
- Being on a multitude of prescription medications
Don’t beat yourself up if you nodded your head “yes” to these. Once you know better, you can do better. We need to start taking good care of our livers to start effectively losing weight and efficiently regulate our metabolic processes. Here are some of the liver’s main functions:
- Detoxifies chemicals
- Aids in digestion by producing bile to help break down fat, absorb fat and water-soluble vitamins and minerals
- Assists in regulating glucose, blood pressure, blood sugar, insulin, estrogen, and testosterone
- Plays an important role in immunity and blood cholesterol production and removal
When your liver gets over burdened it causes a lot of inflammation in the body that is associated with weight gain. Decreasing toxins also decreases the burden on the liver.
9 Tips to Start Avoiding and Minimizing Toxin Exposure:
- Consume organic produce: Try to buy locally to support your community, reduce your carbon footprint, and decrease your toxin exposure! If you consume animal protein make sure that you buy organic, grass-fed and free-range.
- Eliminate/Reduce the use of plastics: Make a conscious effort to get rid of plastic tupperware and dishes and swap them out with glass. Avoid drinking out of plastic water bottles and take the extra minute to fill your own glass water bottle when you go places.
- Drink filtered water: We use and love the Berkey water filter as this filtration system removes harmful bacteria and viruses that conventional filters don’t.
- Breathe in clean air: Open the windows in your home and office so that you are breathing in fresh, clean air. Adorn your space with plants that help to purify the air. Here’s a list of plants that have air purifying properties. If it’s not possible for you to open your windows, make sure you are using an air filter.
- Use natural cleaning products: Ditch the toxic chemicals and use cleaners like tea tree oil, vinegar, and hydrogen peroxide! These are cost effective, work just as well as their conventional counterparts, and won’t burn your nose hairs off and cause distress to your liver.
- Use natural personal care products: Thankfully there’s plenty to choose from nowadays! Check out the Think Dirty app to find clean products that work well for you.
- Say goodbye to Teflon coated non-stick pans: Instead, use ceramic, stainless steel, and/or cast iron!
- Use a sauna to help eliminate toxins: Whether you live in a warm or cold climate, saunas are a wonderful way to relax and detoxify at the same time! Do a quick google search to find one in your area and make it a priority to enjoy this time 2- 3 times per week.
- Support liver and gut liver health: You can find out how to do this in our Metabolic and Lifestyle Reset Program. Remember: weight loss is not all about diet and food!
Once you start addressing these factors, it will become much easier for you to lose weight. Book a Discovery Call with me Today to find out more about your Metabolic and Lifestyle Reset Program to help you solve unresolved weight and inflammatory issues once and for all!