GI MAP STOOL TEST
Lab phone number: 877-485-5336
Purpose of Test
The GI-MAP stool test looks for overgrowths of bacteria, parasites, worms, fungi and viruses.
The panel includes opportunistic organisms, normal flora, parasites, and fungi. DNA/PCR techniques also allow for the measurement of antibiotic resistance genes and virulence factors that contribute to pathogenicity. These organisms can be at the root cause for many chronic conditions.
Cost Price of Test: $399 USD Cash Price (Please put your credit card number on the requisition. If the price is not on the requisition – please fill in this price). The price is subject to change if you are re-testing in the future.
1. What are the Test Kit collection requirements?
Test kits come with collection instructions for the patient. If you cannot ship the specimen on the day of collection, please refrigerate the sample. Specimens should be received by lab within 6 days of collection for optimal results.
2. Is the patient responsible for postage?
No, test kits include a pre-paid envelope
3. Do I need to stop taking any of my medications before I collect my GI-MAP sample
No. Please continue taking all medications as directed by your doctor.
4. Absorbent Material missing:
Not needed, but you can use a napkin/paper towel.
5. My test kit did not have a Test Requisition Form.
You should email or call our patient care coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org 905-267-8568 for a Test Requisition Form.
6. I spilled some of the liquid from the collection vial. What should I do?
If you only spilled a small amount, you can still use the vial. Be sure to only fill the vial to the RED fill line. If you spilled a large amount or you feel you need a new vial, please contact your clinician for a replacement vial.
7. Can I ship my specimen on Friday?
Yes, it is ok to ship specimens to us on Friday. The lab receives specimens 6 days a week. We only require that the specimen be received within 6 days after collection.
8. My clinicians signature is not on the requisition, is this required?
NO it is not required
How to fill out your shipping documents:
Commercial Invoice (Fill out all 3 copies the same way – they are all for Fedex).
2. International Waybill (Shipping form)
3. Call Fedex at 1-800-463-3339 to arrange a pick up or you can drop off the box directly at a Fedex close by to you. They can help you arrange all the paperwork.
Companies That Trust The Living Proof Institute