Anxiety, Fatigue, Kidney Pain, and Constipation Case Study
Meet Ashley, a 46-year-old female and a mother of four who came to see us complaining of constipation, heartburn, kidney pain and nasal stuffiness.
She has suffered from anxiety and constipation her entire life. She homeschools her children and is under a lot of stress. She travels abroad quite frequently and has even lived abroad. She’s noticed some recent problems with the digestion of different foods and symptoms associated with each of those things.
- Kidney Pain
- Nasal Stuffiness
- Heartburn &
- Her goals when entering the office included having a plan for better health and not harming herself through the food that she’s choosing to eat
- She’d also like to find out what is triggering her anxiety and kidney pain
- She was very concerned with just her overall family health as well. And she really wanted to find a way that she could help her children have better eating habits, herself and her husband while also maximizing their health.
- She also wanted to eliminate her nasal stuffiness and
- Eliminate constipation
Previous Treatments Rendered
- Prior to seeing us at The Living Proof Institute she had been to other health care providers who had offered her advice on dietary changes and recommendations of medication
- She’s also been told that the heartburn is just a normal part of her life and she came here because she just didn’t accept that as an answer. She knew there was another way
- Even though she’s made some dietary changes she feels like there’s more that she can do and she didn’t want to medicate her way out of the anxiety
- So some things that were aha moments for myself and for her was that we really needed to address her stress. She really was go go go all day long. She very rarely sat down while eating. She’s homeschooling her children so she’s always busy making sure they are being taken care of. She has four children, she also lives on a farm taking care of animals and so she’s pretty active but very busy and didn’t realize that stress is actually impacting her body
- Another stressor, internally was her blood sugar imbalance and we needed to make sure she was eating at regular intervals and also eating the right quality of food to help maintain blood sugar
- Her digestions sequencing was key, like I just mentioned she didn’t sit down very often while eating. She was multitasking. She’d be up and down, constantly grazing all day rather than sitting down and eating a good meal. Also showing gratitude and calmness and enjoying her meal and her time with her family at the same time.
A deeper look
So in addition to taking a thorough history and making some changes from her lifestyle perspective we want to look at what was going on from a different perspective. We want to ask different questions so we could get different answers.
One of the test we did was an organic acid test so we could take a look at a couple of things:
- How her body was making energy, B vitamins status and detoxification status
- What we’ve found here was that she just really wasn’t getting enough raw materials to have adequate amount B vitamins and her B vitamins are needed for energy production. They’re needed for nearly every process in the body. And we can see that some weren’t even detectable. And so that’s a major problem for her. We’re also seeing a high need for B12
The next process we looked at was detoxification and if you imagine detoxification kind of like a funnel in the liver and there’s six different pathways
- Each of these six pathways have to be working optimally to be able to detox the toxins that your body makes out of the body through either sweat, feces or through your urine and her body just wasn’t doing that
- She wasn’t able to actually get rid of all the toxins, she’s missing a lot of co-factors, a lot of antioxidants, some amino acids and primary nutrients that her body needs in order to function optimally
- When this happens you’re not getting the appropriate energy and you’re not utilizing the tools you have as often as you could to be able to actually really maximize the health of your body
- So we helped her one by minimizing the toxins she was being exposed to and also by really enhancing these pathways to be able to start to process these toxins out of her body. Also by improving her constipation, it helped to also get these toxins out through that pathway. There is also some oxidative damage to her body showing a high need for antioxidants like vitamin C
Another test we took a look at was her stool and we’re seeing she had some candy (NORMAL FLORA TEST) to this candida it can actually cause:
- Sugar Cravings
- Kidney Pain (indirectly)
- So we were able to target this by changing her diet, managing stress and also doing some herbal supplements to help get rid of this. This is another part of her stool test and this is telling us about her short chain fatty acids and short chain fatty acids are important because it tells us about the overall beneficial Flora she has in her gut and also if she’s eating enough fiber.
- So we can see here that she needs to increase her fiber intake to enable her good bacteria to continue to flourish to promote good immunity.
Clinical and Lifestyle Protocol
So the clinical and lifestyle protocol that we followed included:
- Changing her diet by avoiding gluten, dairy and sugar
- We also recommended her to go to bed by 10:00 p.m. She needed to get proper rest so her adrenal glands could start to heal.
- I also talked to her about deep breathing prior to meal time and also meditation
- It was also important for her to start sitting down and enjoying her meal time. But in order to do that we also had to get her body ready to actually start digesting food
- Digestion begins prior to even putting food into your mouth and this begins with nice deep breathing and getting your body out of that stress mode, fight or flight and getting it ready to calm down so it can start actually digesting your food
- We also spoke about chewing her food properly and also just really relaxing while you’re eating, showing gratitude for your meal and for your family
The supplemental recommendations included:
- B Vitamins
- Detoxification Support
- Stress and Hormone Support
- Kidney pain was gone and
- Heartburn is improving
- Energy is now sustained throughout the entire day.
- Her sweet cravings have decreased
- Anxiety improved
- Brain fog o improved
- No longer stumbles over finding the right words
- Her constipation has improved greatly as well
Ready for change?
If you’re interested in learning more about how you can take better care of yourself through self-empowered health, join our FREE 30-day program where I share my best personal self-care tips by clicking here: www.30in30.org
If you’re ready to take full control of your health, find your blindspots, and work with a team of dedicated providers, learn more about our Living Proof Essentials program here: https://thelivingproofinstitute.com/essentials-program/
I think that SIBO is a failed term so I don't talk about it too much, but that is what people seem to collectively agree to call it. How is SIBO defined? "SIBO is the acronym for “small intestinal bacterial overgrowth,”...read more
When a person sits back and looks at certain trends, one of the most alarming is how fast more and more people are being diagnosed with a neurodegenerative disorder like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. Sadly, dementia is...read more
What is Glyphosate? Glyphosate is the active ingredient in RoundUp. What is it sprayed on? RoundUp is sprayed on many GMO crops like soy, corn, cotton, canola. What does it do? RoundUp kills any plant you spray it on by...read more
When I first met this lady, she had been complaining of migraines since childhood which was over 40 years at this point. Presentation Migraines since childhood – 40+ years, worse with menopause History of...read more