21 Simple Ways to Love Yourself to Life
Have you recently been “diagnosed” with Normal Syndrome?
You know the one where you finally clear time in your busy schedule to make an appointment with your doctor to see why you’ve been having:
- Chronic low energy
- Unexplained sleep issues
- Weight gain
- Brain fog
- Poor memory
- Hormonal imbalances
And then after you get your labs drawn the only feedback you receive is:
“Your labs are normal.”
And you are left with no clear treatment plan or diagnosis, which makes you feel discouraged and confused.
Has this ever happened to you?
We see Normal Syndrome all the time in our practice and understand how frustrated you feel.
Because we know that true transformational healing should start with YOU and begin in your HOME, I decided to compile a list of 21 simple tips that you can start using today to help you begin healing the chronic maladies that have plagued you for years.
21 Ways to Love Yourself to Life:
- Simply, love yourself. When you look at yourself in the mirror, what’s the self-talk that’s going on in your head? Become aware of your internal dialogue and change it to always be positive! Remind yourself daily that you are worthy and you are enough.
- Prioritize your health. This is a HUGE part of self-love. Health is both the ceiling and the foundation for everything in your life. If your health is only at 70%, then your work can only be at 70% and your relationships can only be at 70%.
- Breathe. The ideal breath is a 6 second inhale through your nose, followed by a 6 second exhale through your mouth. When you’re doing something passive, try to focus on slowing down your breath to activate the state in which you can heal.
- Sleep. Society penalizes rest by making us feel lazy when it is really one of the key ways to express self love. It’s important to try to get 8 hours of sleep each night. Even ONE night with less than that increases cravings, reactivity, and brain fog.
- Hydrate yourself. I start every morning by drinking at least 16 ounces of water and aim to drink a total of 2 liters of water by the end of the day. Sometimes hunger is really just dehydration. Reaching for your water bottle instead of a snack cleanses your body, satiates hunger, and helps you achieve your weight loss goals.
- Read. It is a healthier alternative to the state of consumption we experience when watching TV. Try to read at least 15 minutes daily and limit your screen time in the hour before you go to bed.
- Practice meditation. If you’ve never meditated before, I suggest starting with just a couple minutes each day to focus on your breath. Doing so a few times a day allows you to re-center, re-focus, and be present in each moment.
- Gain wisdom. Whether it be spiritual or education, through reading or by listening to teachings. Incorporating some form of wisdom into your day helps us remember the importance of life.
- Engage with nature. Get outside daily and really observe your surroundings so that you become calm and at peace. Things like “forest bathing” and “grounding” are just a couple of ways that decrease your cortisol levels, which decreases feelings of anxiety and depression.
- Eat mindfully. Similarly, eat intuitively! We as individuals know what we should be eating and how. Be more present when eating, slow down, and be grateful for each meal you have.
- Have gratitude. Write down a few things that you are grateful for each day to wire your brain for happiness and find the positive in every situation. There are so many more things we can be grateful for than there are things we can complain about.
- Move your body. Engage in some sort of physical activity that allows you to meet yourself where you’re at. Movement is food for the brain. When you stimulate your body with movement, both your physical and mental health improves drastically.
- Take supplements. The supplements you need will be different for each person. Each day I personally take vitamins C and D, magnesium, amino acids, medicinal mushrooms, and a multivitamin.
- Grow plants. Surrounding yourself with nature inside your home increases your mood and decreases stress. Grow plants that promote clean air and fill your home with healthy oxygen.
- Follow your passion. Make time to do what you enjoy doing! Also, it is never too late to start a new hobby. Taking time to do what you love will drastically improve your mood for the rest of the day.
- Take care of the Earth. Be more mindful of the long-term impacts of your purchases and make an effort to support small businesses any chance you get. It feels good to reduce consumption, reuse as much as possible, and recycle!
- Limit social media and news. I suggest no more than 15 to 20 minutes a day. Most of what we see lately is fear-driven and only makes you feel sad. It affects how you think and act for the entire day.
- Spend time with loved ones. Make a point to tell them you love and appreciate them. Be more present with those who bring you joy. It is guaranteed to impact your mental health for the better
- Keep your life simple. Focus on the basics of what you need and what you enjoy. Simplicity is the key to a happy, healthy life
- Show compassion. We are all on our own journey – we really don’t know everyone’s stories or backgrounds. Thinking and acting negatively towards others will only cause you to do the same towards yourself.
- Be accountable. You know what you need to do. If it will be more successful for you, designate someone to hold you accountable. It’s okay to need help making these changes! My husband is my accountability partner and encourages me to continue on my health journey each and every day. I am happy to be yours!
What tips are you going to start implementing in your daily life?
After years of coaching hundreds of women just like you on how to look and feel their very best, I have found that it is most effective for you to start small and meet yourself where you are at!
I recorded a video with even more details on the 21 ways to love yourself to life and how they helped me on my personal health journey, you can watch it here: 21 Ways to Love Yourself to Life!
If you’re ready to look and feel better than you have in years – I invite you to take action TODAY and book a complimentary 20-minute Wellness Discovery Call!
On the call we’ll dive into:
- Where you’re currently at with your health and the specific challenges you’re facing
- What you’ve tried in the past that hasn’t worked
- What your specific goals are and why they’re important to you
Then, we’ll create a specialized plan that fits your exact needs!
Author: Dipa Chauhan
Dipa Chauhan is a certified R Ph, CFMP, FLT Therapist, Functional and Lifestyle Medicine Provider.
Dipa’s love for cooking and helping people led to the creation of the "Doctor's Orders: Your Essential Cookbook To A Plant Strong Anti-Inflammatory Diet". Here you can find over 250 healthy and easy recipes, weekly shopping lists and menus. Through this website Dipa has benefited thousands of people all around the world.
Dipa enjoys spending time with her family, especially her son Devin. Dipa also enjoys exercising, walking and other outdoor activities.
It’s no secret that we are spending more time than ever inside our homes... With uncertainty from the pandemic and more of us working virtually, now is a great time to make some simple changes that can create a healthier environment for you and your loved ones! What...read more
Imagine… Feeling confident, fresh, and well-rested as the warm sunshine streams through your bedroom window, gently waking you from a restful night of deep, restorative sleep. Imagine hopping out of bed with excitement for your upcoming day and smiling as you glance...read more
One of the biggest challenges that we’re facing in the world right now is that… Most people wait until they develop some type of disease BEFORE they start paying attention to their health. Our goal at The Living Proof Institute is to change that narrative and take a...read more
Have you tried to lose weight, but never been able to keep it off? Or maybe you gave up on your weight loss journey long before you even started? You’re not alone. Nearly every weight loss program misses one key element and as a result, most weight loss programs...read more
Dipa Chauhan is a board certified registered pharmacist and a certified functional medicine provider.
She has over 6 years of pharmacy experience ranging from retail pharmacy, mail order pharmacy and clinical hospital pharmacy.
She completed a hospital pharmacy residency with rotations in ICU, nephrology, general medicine, pediatrics, drug distribution, cardiology and drug information.
Our Mission at The Living Proof Institute is to address the root cause of your health issues and restore your health and vitality. Through partnering and education, you will receive the tools and direction to live an extraordinary life.